I decided that I'd start out my blog by remembering a chance that I took a couple years ago. How many people can say that they've sung kareoke in front of a room full of strangers in NYC? Okay, probably a lot of people, especially if they live out there. I was at the wax museum and they had a little "American Idol" kareoke stage with a wax Simon Cowell. At first I was very hesitant, but then I realized that I was never going to see any of those people ever again, so why not go ahead and risk making a fool of myself. :) I had received the soundtrack to Wicked for my birthday a couple weeks before and thought I'd give a song from it a shot. I chose "Defying Gravity." Fitting. Anyway, I loved the chance that I took and there was even a lady that came up to me later upstairs and told me that I had a really good voice. I got a pretty good comment from "Simon" too, which was surprising since he'd completely insulted the few singers that were before me. :) Another reason that this trip was awesome is that we got to see Wicked!! That was probably my favorite part of NYC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment