Sunday, November 2, 2008

Camp Williams

We had a regional activity at Camp Williams back in the Spring. I almost didn't go, even though it sounded like a ton of fun. I didn't want to make a fool of myself. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to do some of the things and that I would end up feeling even more awful about myself. Thank goodness I didn't listen to that fear. I had SO much fun. We did a little repelling (which wasn't my favorite, maybe I just need a little more practice), we had some team building exercises in which I got to hold a cute boy's hand (even though I didn't realize it at the time because I was concentrating on the task at hand), and we got to jump off a big tower and go on a zip line. It was supposed to simulate what jumping out of an airplane would be like. That was my favorite! I only wish that it had been a lot higher. It probably helped that I've never been afraid of heights. I even ended up getting some scars from the rope I was attached to, but I actually like them. It shows that I'd done something and reminds me of the great experience every time I see them. :) The pics on here are some that I took. Unfortunetly, I haven't figured out yet how to scan the prints that someone gave me that had me in them and get them on here. When I do, I'll put them up. These give the general idea. Let's go again!!!!

No comments: