I thought it was a very sweet gesture. He patiently waited while I put the flowers in a vase. Then we left. On the way, he said that he had a stop to make first. I told him I wouldn't ask where. :) He took me to Jensen Park. I saw what was coming. He gave me his jacket because it was cold. It snowed earlier. He took me to the middle of the bridge and we looked out over the water.
He said he was hoping that we would be able to see the Bountiful Temple from there, but it was just too cloudy. I put my arms around him and put my hands in his pockets because they were cold. He told me to fish around there a little more and see what I'd find. I pulled out his iphone with a mischievious look. He said that his phone wasn't what he was talking about. He pulled out a ring. He told me that he loved me and that I was the best thing that had happened to him in the past year. That says a lot, considering the big year it's been for him. He got down on his knee, in the snow, and asked if I'd marry him. I told him to hold on. 

I pulled my camera phone out of my pocket and backed up to take a couple pictures of the moment. He laughed at me and shook his head. Then I went back to him and asked him what the question was again. :) He humored me and said, "Will you marry me?" I thought for a second or two and then said, " Kylla. Mina naimisiin." That is, "Yes. I will marry you." Or at least that's what google translate says. Apparently I missed a word in there, but he got the message. He put the ring on my finger and I finally let him stand up and kiss me. Then he put his arms around me and said that he forgot the details. He said, "Will you marry me on April 16th, at 11:30, in the Bountiful Temple." I said, "Okay." Then I tried to take pictures of the water and the bridge where we were standing, but it was dark, so they didn't turn out very well.
This is where he knelt. :)
I realize I look scared and scary.
We walked back to the van, made a couple calls to family, and then drove to Olive Garden.

That was a yummy dinner.
He got Chicken Scampi.
I got a Chicken con Broccoli dish.
Mmmm, and we got a dessert to take home and eat.
We got to his apartment, and while he changed, I continued to make calls. Then he came out, and we fed the dessert to each other. It was a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.
It was a good night.
I'm a little terrified, but excited, but nervous, etc. I think I'll be ok. :)










2 comments:
Yay Amber that is so exciting. congratulations!
you make a cute couple--really. And I'm glad it was exciting for you. I can't wait to see you this April!!!
Post a Comment