Sunday, October 25, 2009
I am loved!
Today I taught my first lesson as an official Relief Society teacher. This has been a tough thing for me because I don't feel like I'm very good with words sometimes and my head goes blank. My first time teaching as a substitute felt awful. There was a point where my mind when completely empty and no words would come out. I couldn't speak and I was just frozen in fear. It felt like it went on for about 5 minutes until the Relief Society President finally saved me by saying something. Since then, I've had a little anxiety about the ability to. I also don't feel like I've been doing everything in my life the way I should in order to have the Spirit work through me like I need it to when I'm teaching. Well, in preparation for this lesson today, I prayed that despite my shortcomings and even stupidity at times, the Spirit would be in the room and the girls would be able to feel it. I prayed that I wouldn't be a detraction from it. Well, it's amazing how Heavenly Father can answer a simple prayer with such power even when I don't feel I deserve it. I felt His Spirit in that room today so strongly. The girls participated and we had a wonderful discussion about adversity and being of good cheer through it. I wish I could explain or describe what is in my heart and how incredibly grateful I feel for this gift. I needed it so badly. I love that even two hours later, inside of me feels like I am still in that room. I'm so thankful to have the relationship that I do with those girls. I know that if I feel like I am less than capable, they'll still love me and won't judge too harshly. I am so incredibly loved by my Father. I'm thankful that He taught me today. I pray that I'll be able to live up to the responsibility (and blessing) that He's given me. Mmmmm......I just feel SO good right now!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen! I love you to Amber! I love how blessings are still poured dwn to us even when we don't feel deserving of them! I am sure the lesson was amazing!
p.s. I miss the atmosphere of the singles ward, not being single but I miss the ward... can we come back :)
You have so much to offer--so don't sale yourself short. Trust me, I know.
What a wonderful experience, thank you for sharing. You are awesome Amber!
Post a Comment